Expected Learning Outcomes
WORKSHOP ONE – I am bigger than my worry (45 MINS)
- Develop self-awareness by reflecting on thoughts and feelings.
- Understanding that our thoughts and feelings can affect our ability to learn and be happy.
- Recognise that our feelings impact our physical health and emotional wellbeing.
- Assess and manage thoughts and feelings.
- Use knowledge and understanding to recognise situations that may cause ‘a worry’.
- Develop skills to manage worries.
- Recognise when to seek support and who may provide this.
WORKSHOP TWO – Calming Down and Letting go. (45 MINS)
- Gain greater enjoyment and appreciation of everyday life.
- How to deal with stress/ accept things will happen, & respond instead of react.
- To recognise early anger/ stress signs and deal with it.
- How to access calm when you need it.
- Gain greater self-awareness.
- More acceptance of emotion.
WORKSHOP THREE: For Parents, Grandparents, Foster Parents and Caring Adults
Evidence shows mindfulness is very effective in helping with stress, anxiety, anger, low mood, chronic pain, depression, addiction and insomnia. It also helps develop areas of the brain that are important for focus, empathy, compassion and emotional regulation. We all know how stressful parenting can be. This workshop provides practical strategies that can be used in everyday life .
Mindfulness can bridge the gap and make us more sensitive and appreciative of our children’s inner experience. This exclusive workshop also includes resources, recommended reading list and calming apps.
- An increased understanding of our own patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving, and learning new ways of relating to these
- Increase our understanding of child emotional and psychological development (to go after first point as links well
- Explore how the practice of mindfulness might support us in parenting.
- Gain an ability to manage emotions and respond skillfully to children and their experiences, situation and / or behaviours
- Know strategies that can support your children to feel calmer and happier in relation to ourselves and our children
- Increasing our capacity as parents, and as individuals, for acceptance, patience, kindness and compassion