Get in touch
Tel: 0208 207 5567
Do you want to improve your capacity to respond when a young person is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis?
Children’s mental health is a serious area of concern – around 10% of children are now reported to have a diagnosable mental health condition and of these, most report delays in accessing appropriate help. Therefore, it is important that we know how to recognise common mental health problems, know how they arise, what you can do to prevent them and how to support young people.
This course, designed specifically for professionals working with young people, will help you find out more.
Participants will learn about adolescent development and the signs and symptoms of mental health problems, where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective. By starting these conversations, we hope to support you to create a mentally healthy environment for your family, school, peer group or community
With a perfect blend of theory and practical skills that you can use with young people.
This training consists of real-time sessions techniques, discussion groups and opportunities to practice and network with each other.
• Explore some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis.
• Practical tips about supporting young people suffering mental health issues.
• Give you structure for developing relationships and assisting recovery.
• Provide information about therapeutic practices.
• Help you create a culture of honesty surrounding Mental Health issues.
• Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues.
• Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences.
This course will benefit a range of people, including:
“The strength of this course was that it made you feel that you could make a difference to someone’s life.”
Year 9 PSHE Lead – Beaconsfield
“I would like to say that the webinar has helped me have a better understanding about mental health. I will definitely look back on it in the future and use some of the techniques I have learnt”
Youthworker – Cardiff
“Thank you for all these tools. The way you facilitated the training made it really easy and pleasant to contribute. It was really informative, especially as it was delivered by you, who has experienced the topic.”
Headteacher – Manchester
Training is highly participatory and interactive.
Our experienced trainers support participants through interactive exercises and facilitated discussions, creating a safe space for reflection, sharing and professional development.
Tel: 0208 207 5567