Interactive Webinar: Mentoring Skills for Supporting Young People Training
July 16 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Supporting a young person to set their own goals is a vital part of a mentoring relationship.
Successful mentoring with young people requires the time to build relationships based on trust and mutual respect.
Through this, mentors can encourage them to identify and set achievable goals to effect positive change in all areas of life.
This makes the mentoring role unique, in that it focuses on encouraging and supporting both personal and social development based on the young person’s needs, including relationships, health, education, training and employment.
Be Part of the Solution
This introductory online course offers an opport unity to find out more about mentoring young people aged 13-19 (up to 25 with additional needs).
COMPLETING THIS TRAINING WILL HELP YOU:
- Develop mentoring skills and explore the relationship between ‘mentor’ and ‘mentee’
- Consider ways to engage young people in the mentoring process
- Understand mentoring boundaries and confidentiality issues
- Discuss the matching process (to include gender and diversity issues)
- Consider goal setting and action planning
- Look at ways to review goals, offer feedback and celebrate achievement
This training can be linked to your continued professional development CPD and is a great way to network with other professionals
The session combines various teaching methods, including:
- Experiential exercises
- Small group and pair work
- Whole group discussion
Training is highly participatory and interactive. Our experience trainer support participants through interactive exercises and facilitated discussions, creating a safe space for reflection, sharing and professional development