Online Training: PSHE & Youth Engagement – Delivering Quality Drug Education to Young People
June 11 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£45
Who could have predicted the effect that Covid-19 would have on our lives and the impact on our young people’s drug use?
Some thought that our young people would relish the break from all their mundane commitments . But we have been faced with a hard task. Those everyday social interactions that we rely on, the ones that keep our mental health together have all but diminished. As a result mental health is deteriorating and substance use & misuse has increased.
With a detailed focus on strategies and techniques when working with young people in and out of the classroom, this 3 – hour course covers a wide range of issues related to substance misuse & Covid-19, social effects, health and the various responses and interventions when working with young people.
A must for any youth engagement worker
- Knowing the signs and symptoms relating to drug use
- The laws in relation to drug use
- Problems associated with drug use
- Harm reduction
- Responses to drug use
- Using effective communication skills when talking to young people about drugs
- Deliver effective drug education and drug messages more comfortably
- Learn key techniques to discussing substance misuse with young people
- Use strategies for raising and discussing sensitive or potentially controversial issues with their young people
- Gain knowledge around the nature of substance misuse & the impact on young people
- Maintain a natural and easy rapport with young people when talking about substance misuse.
- Gain a greater awareness of resources of help, support, and information to access
- Where and when to refer on to
Practitioners working with young people in groups or 1-1 settings, e.g. school staff, youth workers, residential care workers:
- Class teacher
- Learning Mentor
- Pastoral Lead
- Teaching Assistant
- Family support Worker
- Assistant Head
- Social Worker
- Support Worker
- Youth Worker
- Parents & Carers
ABOUT OUR TRAINING
At KIP Education, the experiences of professionals, and the young people they work with, are at the heart of our training programme. Each year we deliver training to over 10,000 professionals, and our expert trainers give you the practical skills to support the young people you work with.
Our training courses are designed to build your understanding of key issues and give you the confidence to make a difference in young people’s lives.
KIP Education CIC is a boutique provider of innovative learning solutions for all organisations large or small. Our customised offerings are focused on reducing the cost of training while maximizing results.