- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Risky Behaviours: Talking, Managing, Supporting Young People
July 2 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
When compared to children or adults, young people are more likely to engage in binge drinking, drug use, criminal or anti-social behaviour, hate or knife crime and risky sexual behaviour.
This 3-hour online course aims to give facilitators a unique framework when working with young people.
With a perfect blend of theory and practical skills that you can use with young people.
This training consists of real-time sessions & techniques, discussion groups and opportunities to practice and network with each other.
- Understand and address early risky taking in young people.
- Understand what influences young people’s behaviour.
- Gain techniques to support young people to manage and understand risk.
- Explore practical approaches young people can take to minimise and manage risky situations.
- Gain practical skills and techniques for building resilience in young people.
- Learn how to help adolescents find coping strategies using a life skills approach.
- Know practical strategies and tools for promoting positive wellbeing in young people, using skills to manage risk.
- Gain a greater awareness of local and national resources of help, support, and information
This training can be linked to your continued professional development CPD and is a great way to network with other professionals
- July 2
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Event Categories:
- Online Training, Training
- Event Tags:
- Alcohol, Body Image, Cannabis, CCE County Lines, Child Criminal Exploitation, CSE Child Sexual Exploitation, Cyber Bullying, Drugs, Gangs & Knife Crime, Internet Safety, LGBTQ, Life Skills, Mental Health, Mentoring, PSHE, Self-Esteem, Self-Harm & Self-Injury, Social Gaming, Social Media, SRE Sex & Relationships, Suicide, Young People, Youth Violence