Online Training: Covid19’s Increase In County Lines & Gang Operation
June 18 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm£35
Children and vulnerable adults are still being forced by gangs to travel from cities to towns and villages as part of “county lines” drug trafficking, according to the head of a police taskforce set up to tackle the problem.
The National Crime Agency revealed this month that more than 3,000 unique “deal lines” were identified in 2019, of which 800 to 1,100 were estimated to be active during any given month. That is a 50% increase on the 2,000 identified in 2018.
With a detailed focus on strategies and techniques when working with young people in and out of the classroom, this 2.5 – hour course covers a wide range of issues of gang related behaviour & Covid-19, social effects, health and the various responses and interventions when working with young people.
A must for any youth engagement worker
- Parents and social workers to be better equipped in dealing with their children and young people
- Enhancement in home based activities for families and young people to get involved in
- Providence of youth crime prevention programmes teachers and key workers can provide to their young people
- Understanding the different means in which young people carry out their operation
- Appointing online mentors to young people individually (step by step guide)
- Know the characteristics and strategies used by a gang leader to attract new recruits
- Gain a greater awareness of resources of help, support, and information to access
Practitioners working with young people in groups or 1-1 settings, e.g. school staff, youth workers, residential care workers:
- Class teacher
- Learning Mentor
- Pastoral Lead
- Teaching Assistant
- Family support Worker
- Assistant Head
- Social Worker
- Support Worker
- Youth Worker
- Parents & Carers
ABOUT OUR TRAINING
At KIP Education, the experiences of professionals, and the young people they work with, are at the heart of our training programme. Each year we deliver training to over 10,000 professionals, and our expert trainers give you the practical skills to support the young people you work with.
Our training courses are designed to build your understanding of key issues and give you the confidence to make a difference in young people’s lives.
KIP Education CIC is a boutique provider of innovative learning solutions for all organisations large or small. Our customised offerings are focused on reducing the cost of training while maximizing results.