- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: The Essential Art Of Supporting Change In Young People Training
July 12 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
If you treat an individual as he is, he will stay as he is, but if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be
Supporting a young person can be challenging and it’s not always clear where you can go for help.
We may come into contact with a young person because of a presenting issue that brings them to our attention. But as you’ll probably already know, the presenting issue is usually just the most visible part of a much wider connected set of problems. They might face a difficult situation at home, struggle with their mental, physical or emotional wellbeing, or be in an unhealthy relationship.
BE PART OF THE SOLUTION
In this training we will dig into how we can really meet people where they are (and put ourselves in the position to enjoy the journey as well).
This training gives you real-time techniques and tools to evoke change talk and really help young people build their confidence, self-esteem and resilience, and make positive changes in their life.
Our primary objective is to inspire hope and guide young people on a journey of discovery towards the future. We have precious cargo we are responsible for.
- How to effectively meet young people where they are.
- Understanding the “Arena for Change’ and the best placed interventions within the arena.
- Explore how to support young people, whether that be helping them plan, problem-solve, or develop a sense of hope for the future.
- Specific guidance about mental health in the current climate related to coronavirus and the impacts of lockdown and how to support young people.
- Learn from examples of good practice and shared experiences between organisations
- Apply practical, evidence-based tools in your setting to support and elicit change in young people.
- Signposting to reliable mental health and wellbeing resources and sources of support
Practitioners working with young people in groups or 1-1 settings, e.g. school staff, youth workers, residential care workers
• Learning Mentor
• Pastoral Lead
• Teaching Assistant
• Family support Worker
• Assistant Head
• Social Worker
• Support Worker
• Youth Worker
• Parents & Carers
This training can be linked to your continued professional development CPD and is a great way to network with other professionals
Training is highly participatory and interactive.
Our experienced trainers support participants through interactive exercises and facilitated discussions, creating a safe space for reflection, sharing and professional development
- July 12
9:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Online Training, Parents & Carers, Training
- Event Tags:
- Alcohol, Body Image, Cannabis, CCE County Lines, Child Criminal Exploitation, CSE Child Sexual Exploitation, Cyber Bullying, Drugs, Gangs & Knife Crime, Internet Safety, LGBTQ, Life Skills, Mental Health, Mentoring, PSHE, Self-Esteem, Self-Harm & Self-Injury, Social Gaming, Social Media, SRE Sex & Relationships, Suicide, Young People, Youth Violence