- This event has passed.
Webinar: Adolescent Mental Health Training
January 18 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Do you want to improve your capacity to respond when a young person is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis?
Children’s mental health is a serious area of concern – around 10% of children are now reported to have a diagnosable mental health condition and of these, most report delays in accessing appropriate help. Therefore, it is important that we know how to recognise common mental health problems, know how they arise, what you can do to prevent them and how to support young people. This course, designed specifically for professionals working with young people, will help you find out more.
This online 3-hour KIP Education course supports professionals with how to assist young people who are developing a mental health problem or in a mental health crisis.
Participants will learn about adolescent development and the signs and symptoms of mental health problems, where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective.
This training consists of real-time sessions & techniques, discussion groups and opportunities to practice and network with each other.
Practitioners working with young people in groups or 1-1 settings, e.g. school staff, youth workers, residential care workers:
• Learning Mentor
• Pastoral Lead
• Teaching Assistant
• Family support Worker
• Social Worker
• Support Worker
• Youth Worker
• Parents & Carers
- Develop an understanding of common difficulties experienced by young people with mental health issues
- Gain valuable knowledge of the basic support strategies that can be used for these young people until more specialised services can be accessed
- What are the causes of mental health problems?
- What to do when you experience mental health problems.
- How to boost young people’s mental health.